Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fruits with Food; 200 posts


I love fruits, im a fruits gal, doesn't really have anything to do with being healthy, even though thats a good plus, i just love fruits, they are sweet, fresh, colorful and they make me feel good about myself, apples, pineapples, grapes, pomegranates are my absolute favorites, sometimes i blend them up into smoothies, sometimes i turn them to juice and sometimes i just eat fresh.
I have probably eaten a fruit every single day for the past 3years, so when i decided to start experimenting with cooking with fruits, this recipe by The pioneer woman jumped at me:

Porkchops and Shrimp with Pineapple Fried Rice.

recipe culled from here with a few changes, i included the shrimp in the recipe, just cooked it alongside the chops and also i spiced them both with salt, seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder before sauteing, i realize that these people do not do a lot of spicing well i love my food to have tons of taste.
Also, i included scallions and sweet corn in the fried rice, i did not find Pimentos in the grocery store so i used Red Bell peppers, basically the same thing.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Disqus for Design Cook Love