Tuesday, May 8, 2012

La dolce Vita

meaning The good life, full of pleasure and indulgence.
I really wish  i could speak Italian, i could cheat and use Google translate to write a few words here but id just feel bad about that, plus i really don't trust that thing, lol.

Its Week 2 of my themed cooking, WOO HOOO!!!!
i am actually getting some sort of therapy from cooking all of this, it calms me after a stressful day at school and its definitely an amazing way for me to end my day.
Reflecting on things that happens as i stir a sauce, or go over a recipe in my head tweaking it a million times.
I am very meticulous with my cooking and measurements, which is so funny because i am hardly a careful person.


Italian cooking is home cooking, It is relaxing, nurturing, grandmother instructing, traditional cooking, its why i love it.
Most meals can be served family style, and most recipes are passed down from generation to generation, and no matter what it is you are cooking they always manage to find a way to sneak some sort of fancy pronounced CHEESE into it.
HAHA gotta love it, might have to work out extra this week though, all this food cannot be good for my hips, hehehehe
Here's what to expect this week.

Meat Lasagna
Shrimp and Prosciutto Risotto with poached salmon
Spaghetti Bolognese
Chicken Parmesan served with Fettuccine

I figure these are one of the most common Italian dishes, and i should start from there, promises to be a fun week, Check back tonight for the first recipe , mwah!!!!

No comments:

Disqus for Design Cook Love