Monday, May 14, 2012

Taking it down One Notch

After the week of tons of cheese i just had, decided to step it down a notch, way down.
This week is going to be Salad themed.
I have never really been a salad person, especially growing up in Nigeria where the typical salad is a bowl of white cabbage,  sparsely scattered shredded carrot, and plenty of Mayo.
I always said i hated salads, now i realize that is not exactly the case, There are soooo many variations of Salads that even my head is starting to spin. I've tried some i didn't like and some i have fallen absolutely in love with.

The best part about salads for me is making my own homemade dressing, i can make sure its light and low, calorie wise so i enjoy it guilt free.
Here is what to expect this week.

- Coconut Chicken Salad with Honey Goat cheese Dressing
- Spinach Quinoa Salad with Roasted Grapes, Dried Cherries, Almonds, Pecans and Low-Fat Buttermilk     Ranch Dressing.
- Yum Nua ( Thai Beef Salad)
- Stuffed Peppers on a Bed of Baby Greens
- Zesty Lime Shrimp Avocado Salad


Should be fun :)


No comments:

Disqus for Design Cook Love