Sunday, August 12, 2012
Memories from Mr Biggs
Scotch Eggs are definitely one of my favorite snacks, always has been, i have memories of going to Mr Biggs* as a kid, those people make the best meat pies and scotch eggs, HANDS DOWN!!!!!
Some of the best memories from Nigeria for sure, a couple for weeks ago i was reminiscing about the amazingness of their scotch eggs and i talked about it so much i started craving the actual snack.
Decided to make some and it turned out so good.
So like the generous person i am, Im here to share the recipe
Ingredients( makes 4)
Pork Sausage 200g
1/2 cup of Breadcrumbs
1 tsp Ground garlic
1 tsp Ground onions
1 tsp Ground Chili pepper
Flour for dusting
Oil for frying
- Boil 4 eggs in a saucepan for 12 minutes
- Whisk last egg in a bowl and set aside
- Mix Sausage with dry ingredients and salt, mix properly until all the dry ingredients are properly incorporated
- Peel boiled egg and dust peeled eggs in flour
- Mould the seasoned sausage into a half moon in the palm of your hand, and put the dusted egg into it.
- Work the sausage around the egg until it completely covers it.
- Lightly brush the sausage covered egg with the whisk egg
- Roll it around in bread crumbs
Fry the scotch eggs in very hot oil.