Recently, i have altered my nutrition, making better, healthier choices, trying to eat more meals a day with lesser portions, incorporating as much fiber and vegetables as i can into my meals, and generally deciding to be a better version of myself.. it has not been easy trust me, but i have sure learnt a lot, i have learnt spanking new recipes that i will be sharing. Most of them super easy to make, still as delicious and all under between 200-400 calories. I will tag them all as healthy meals so they would be easier to find, and will even create a tab for them at the top of the blog.... I am willing to learn and hear from you too, so if you have a healthy recipe you want me to post here, send me an email or leave a comment
Baked Red Snapper(serves 1) (250 calories approx)Fish is an amazing healthy option for proteins, delicate so does not take any time to cook but still a bit tricky because you can easily over cook them, Snapper is one of the non-oily fish, does not contain as much oil as salmon and has lesser calories. An ounce of red snapper contains about 28 calories [My Fitness Pal], depending on the size you buy, its usually a small fish.
1 small whole red snapper, (cleaned, guts removed and fins trimmed)
1/2 small onion (sliced)
3 cloves of garlic(minced)
1 tbsp of fish sauce
1 tsp of oyster sauce(optional)
1 small lemon
1/4 cup of dry white wine
1 tsp of Sriracha hot sauce, or more if you like heat
1 long hot chili, (sliced)
Olive oil spray
Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375degF
- In a small bowl, mix together onions, garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce, Sriracha.
- Make three scores on both sides of the fish, rub the earlier mixture around the fish, making sure to reach inside the slits, and the cavity, stuff the remaining onions inside the fish cavity and head.
Leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes, if you are going to marinade longer, store in a fridge, but make sure to bring it back to room temperature for even cooking before putting in the oven
- Lightly spray a baking pan or oven safe fry pan like i used with olive oil, place fish in the middle, pour the white wine on top, spray the top of the fish lightly with olive oil,squeeze half the lemon, and sprinkle some black pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes in the middle of the oven.
Asian spiced Broccoli (serves 1)(approx 90 calories)
Broccoli is one of the fastest veggies to whip up, i just discovered my love for it, and i have been experimenting daily coming up with delicious ways to eat it.
1 cup of broccoli flowerets
Half Tbsp of Olive oil
Freshly sliced long chili, keep the seeds for more heat
2 cloves of garlic finely diced or crushed
Half teaspoon of sesame oil
Fish sauce for taste
Squeeze of lemon
- Put some salted water in a pan and bring to the boil
- When water is boiled, put broccoli in it and leave to boil for only 2 minutes and drain.
- In a small bowl mix together all the other ingredients, taste and adjust fish sauce accordingly,and toss broccoli in it
- Serve with fish, and garnish with other half of lemon