Bread Bread Bread.. amen to a delicious breakfast
Whole wheat banana bread (makes 2 big Loaf Pans) (YES I TWEAKED IT)I am always trying to make recipes as healthy as i can, so i tweaked this a lot before using it, reduced the sugar, used half portions of whole wheat and all purpose flour, used becel pro.activ margarine instead of butter, which is a calorie reduced margarine, and reduced the sugar she recommended, i also upped the number of bananas to help with the sweetness.
You can try both,[ scroll down to view more images, i attached pictures of her recipe ] if you have a really sweet tooth you'd love hers, mine was sweet also and just as moist.. so yay winning recipe below
5 ripe medium sized bananas(mashed with a fork)
1 cup of butter(softened)
1.5 cups of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
2 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp of baking powder
1.5 cups of light sour cream
1.5 cup of whole wheat flour
1.5 cup of cake/pastry flour
1/8 tsp of salt
Preheat oven to 350degF, and Line or grease two Big loaf pans or 4 small ones
- Cream butter and Sugar in a large bowl
Add in Eggs and Banana
- In a smaller bowl, Mix Sour cream and baking soda
In a separate bowl, mix in flour with salt and baking powder
- Add in alteration to the large bowl, flour then sour cream , then flour , then sour cream, DO NOT OVER-MIX IT!!!!!
- I REPEAT!!!!!! DO NOT OVER-MIX, Mix enough to be wet..
- Split mixture between the two loaf pans
Bake for about 45-50 mins
Test with a pick in the middle for doneness.