Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's Raining In Love

Culled from  here


............. by Richard Brautigan


I don't know what it is, 
 but I distrust myself 
 when I start to like a girl 
 a lot. 

 It makes me nervous. 
 I don't say the right things 
 or perhaps I start 
 to examine, 
 evaluate, 
compute 
 what I am saying. 

 If I say, "Do you think it's going to rain?" 
 and she says, "I don't know," 
 I start thinking : Does she really like me? 

 In other words 
 I get a little creepy. 

 A friend of mine once said, 
 "It's twenty times better to be friends 
 with someone 
 than it is to be in love with them." 

 I think he's right and besides, 
 it's raining somewhere, programming flowers 
 and keeping snails happy. 
 That's all taken care of. 

 BUT 

 if a girl likes me a lot 
 and starts getting real nervous 
 and suddenly begins asking me funny questions 
 and looks sad if I give the wrong answers 
 and she says things like, 
 "Do you think it's going to rain?" 
 and I say, "It beats me," 
 and she says, "Oh," 
 and looks a little sad 
 at the clear blue California sky, 
 I think : Thank God, it's you, baby, this time 
 instead of me.







This made me smile, the vulnerability of love, making us stupid and foolish at the same time, i know i have had my share of stupidity because i really liked a boy, i always read meaning into everything, and when he doesn't like me back as much, it hurts twice as much, i try twice as hard, till there's nothing left and i'm empty.............empty


PS: Thoughts on the new Design Layout?, I'm still on the fence about the whole dynamic thing.

2 comments:

la~pimpette said...

awwww nice

Blessing said...

sigh...LOVE...lol...smh @ the crazy/stupid things I've done in the name of love

The template is okay...let's see another option

Disqus for Design Cook Love